MangaLand

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MangaLand

Where all Mangas and Animes come together

2 posters

Fanfiction rules and guidelines.

Suzume
    Suzume
    Admin
    Admin

Fanfiction rules and guidelines. Empty Fanfiction rules and guidelines.

Post  Suzume Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 am

Welcome to the magnificent Fanfiction section of the site!

Because I don't want you people fucking up everything here by submitting shitty stories, I will set up some rules for you to follow and give you some helpful tips on how to not suck at writing.

First and foremost!

I think it will be very helpful if you add the little template below to your story, so people can easily see what they're getting into before they start reading.

Ratings on the site are from K to M. No MA-rated stories please. Click here to see the ratings for stories.

Name:
    Summary:
    Rated:
    Genre:
    Fandom:
    Link to the next chapter:

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Summary:[/b]
    [b]Rated:[/b]
    [b]Genre:[/b]
    [b]Fandom:[/b]
    [b]Link to the next chapter:[/b]

Now we have that out of the way, here are some rules.

Rules

1. Any story featuring a member of the site without their permission will be deleted and the author will receive the appropriate punishment.

2. Do not post adult material or explicit scenes (sex scenes, basically). We don't need that shit here.

3. For the love of god use proper grammar. You have spell check. Any story that has poor grammar and spelling will be deleted.

4. There's a difference between constructive criticism and outright flaming an author. If I catch you doing this you will be immediately infracted.

5. Adhere to the rules. Yes I realized I made a rule to obey the rules, but my faith in humanity's collective intelligence has been low lately, so there you go.

6. Don't come bitching to me when you see a story involving homosexuality or something of the sort. If you don't like it, don't read it you moron. There's no need to cry about it or flame the author.

7. I own this section, so behave.

Now that's done, all that's left are the guidelines. Some handy tips to make your story a little more awesome.

Tips

First, think about the plot of your story. I know this is an obvious one but I've seen plenty of authors who just go with the flow and pull shit out of their ass (me included). Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Don't bet on it.

Second, please, for Christ's sake, use proper grammar. No one will bother reading your story if it looks like it was written by a caveman who has feet for hands.

Third, please don't write one giant block of text. We have these things called paragraphs; they tend to make a story more readable and easier on the eyes. You should try it out.

Fourth, don't use pretty colors. The bold or italic button is fine, and maybe if your character is using a specific attack it would be OK to use color for artistic purposes, but don't just randomly put colors wherever you want them. This isn't Rainbow Land, we don't need your pwetty colowz shoved down our throats.

Fifth, whatever you do, don't make a Mary Sue. Google it if you don't know what it is. Otherwise, it should be evident. Mary Sues are fucking horrible and should all be killed and never be seen again. I will not allow such monstrosities in my section.

Sixth, don't come crying to me when someone doesn't like your story and they have valid reasons. Accept constructive criticism.

Seventh, please don't randomly switch perspectives or go from first person to third person without any explanation. It gets readers confused. When you're switching perspectives, either be incredibly obvious about it, or put a little "[Insert character's name]" on the top of the point where you switch.

That's all I have to say for now.

Have fun writing!

Tobi
    Tobi

Fanfiction rules and guidelines. Empty Re: Fanfiction rules and guidelines.

Post  Tobi Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:50 am

Love this!! Greatly done Suzie! pirat

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:47 pm